Capturing this moment...
Song: Calmer of the Storm
Artist: Downhere
Album: Downhere
Quote: "Teach me, Lord to have faith in what You're bringing me will change my life and bring You glory. There on the storm, I am learning to let go of the will that I so long to control. There, may I be in Your arms eternally. I thank You, Lord, You are the calmer of the storm."
* * *
Sometimes I wish you could capture moments like a camera does...
This week has been a trying time... one that has been rough, frustrating, and, perhaps, life-changing... and yet, has me seeking God more and begging to hear His voice more clearly and longing for His direction in my life. What's been especially frustrating has been how this hit me when I'm at perhaps my busiest time at school with the loads of final group projects and presentations due this week and final exams on the near horizon. So many things on my mind... I didn't think this would hit me this hard and yet, I am certain that when it's over, God's fingerprints will be evident.
Today, in between classes, I was drawn to the Rideau Canal... dunno why... I walked over and just gazed into the rippling water and into the distance... it was picture-perfect... nice day, overcast but nice, light snowflakes falling lazily down, melted canal with rippling water and a fringe of white ice, light breeze... I just stood leaning on the railing and prayed for who knows how long... didn't know what else to do... and just poured my heart out to God, everything I've been feeling, struggling with, frustrated with, and confused with... I just love how God hears us no matter where we are and is always willing to listen... heheh, and no matter how redundant my prayers are. Oddly enough, when I was done, my mp3 player (set to shuffle who knows how many songs) played Mark Schultz's "The Time of My Life" (the song that's hit me recently and one that's been sitting on my hard drive forever but only recently have I actually listened to)... could be total coincidence, I dunno... but for the first time in a few days, I was able to crack an unforced smile...
Sometimes I wish you could capture moments like these...
I don't know what the future holds, how the next few years will pan out, or even the next few days... but it's comforting to know that He is present in my life, that He knows my every thought, and that He knows my heart...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home