Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Sporty Weekend

Hillsong - Hope CD Cover *NOW PLAYING:*
Song: Highest
Artist: Hillsong
Album: Hope
Quote: "Glory to God, let every heart sing! Glory to God in highest!"
* * *

Ahh... finally a weekend to really enjoy the summer and get active. Queens people visited this weekend and we gathered for several days straight, often playing sports. Lots of fun, good to see some old faces, and thank goodness I got to do some physical activity. Got so sick of sitting at home and working on reports all day. :P boo.

Thursday: Canada Day!
A bunch of us gathered at Ivan's house to chillax before heading downtown for the traditional Canada wandering and fireworks. Got to see old faces like Sam, Kat, and Joyce while meeting new ones from Queens. We hung out (darn girls wouldn't get off the TV) before deciding to do some sports... went to the nearby field to play some barefoot soccer ('cept Andrew...dang you!..heheh). It then proceeded to rain like mad but by the time we got downtown, we were greeted with clear skies and sunny weather. While wandering, saw a couple of high school friends in Jon Suter, Ian Reilly, and Matt Krull (in a kilt??). Heheh, funny how we all haven't changed that much. Went to Major Hill to watch the fireworks but then moved to the Art Gallery to get a more comfortable seat. Unfortunately, I found out later that quite a few people I know watched the fireworks from Major Hill but I never saw 'em...ah well. Fireworks were some of the best I've seen yet in Ottawa! Definitely worth the price of admission.....wait a sec... Getting home was a little hectic in the sea of people. "Tim! Where's Tim??! Tiiiim?? Call the lost children service!"....oh man... will never hear the end of that I'm sure. :P I did wanna kick the people that left crushed beer bottles all over the street though... felt sorry for the people wearing sandals 'cause that could have been quite dangerous. All in all, a fun but exhausting day.

Friday: Beach!
Gathered with most of the same bunch again for some beach volleyball action at Mooney's Bay. Thank goodness the sand wasn't too hot... but there wasn't much sun either. Although I don't usually burn, and despite the lack of sun, I still managed to get a little sunburn on my shoulders. Boo....ah well. Beachball is always fun and I also got to test out my new frisbee a bit. Can't believe that piece of plastic cost that much...but meh.

Saturday: Ball!
On a hot and sunny day, we went to the local basketball court to shoot some hoops. Was a little disappointed I didn't get the workout I was hoping for...or style of ball I was hoping for (we had 2 girls there, so that's self-explanatory, heheh)... but meh, it's all good 'cause it was good company. The bunch went to the driving range and make dinner but I had to work on my report/presentations. Fun times... sore body. Heheh.

Sunday: Worship.
Led worship with my depleted team. We were down to 3 people but it was still all good. Hope we did ok. I realize as I lead worship more and more that I really can't sing and shouldn't try...heheh... especially next to awesome singers like Carrie and Candace. I like my supportive role on the piano or electric and maybe doing harmonies just fine, thank you. :) But I guess all worship leaders have to lead vocally as well... maybe I should take some singing lessons... hrm. One pleasant thing that happened was that my dad shared a little bit about his recent ordeal to kick off the worship service. Poor guy has been at home, bored out of his mind, the last couple of weeks...though he has started to drive again. Would love to see my dad engross himself in ministry again with his "new life". I can't help but keep thanking and praising God for keeping my family intact and I couldn't help thinking that when I stepped up to lead worship, sharing the same microphone that my dad occupied only seconds ago.

Today: ...awww... probably no Switchfoot.
Was hoping to see the Switchfoot concert tonight... but I couldn't get tickets the past week and with the price of tickets probably arriving at around $30... I'll probably have to pass. Boo... Also, a friend I was going to go with to the concert, Tuyen from my presentations class, said she might not be able to go. So yeah, probably won't go tonight. A concert I'd love to go to is the upcoming One Nation Tour stopping at Toronto's Wonderland on August 15th, featuring Smitty!!!, Mercy Me, and the David Crowder Band. ...but that's in TO... so chances are, I won't be able to go. Road trip anyone?? Come on christian artists, come to Ottawa!! Worshipfest lineup is NOT looking impressive so far... Last night's two presentations went....err... ok, I guess... totally messed up on timing on the first presentation, that I thought would blow 'em away. Ah well... Oh, got to step into the apartment building right between OU campus and Rideau Centre... VERY posh... a friend from my presentations class is living there for the summer... for a rent of around $1500 per month!! ...but twas very VERY nice. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home