Monday, July 26, 2004

Musical Experiment week

Pillar - Fireproof CD Cover *NOW PLAYING:*
Song: Echelon
Artist: Pillar
Album: Fireproof
Quote: "...like a green beret, we will lead the way...into battle so have no fear, we will draw near so we will persevere..."
* * *

Recap of the week...

Friday:

Took Kev out for breakfast for his b-day. Good to see him and talk to him again after the several weeks he's been at Camp Cherith.
I then headed over to the local church's Lava Lava VBS for the children and I got to join the band (aka Lava Lava Lizards...heheh) in doing a few songs for the kids while they enjoy their bbq'ed hot dogs outside. The weather was kinda cold but we setup outside anyways, with LOTS of equipment, including a huge drum set with a huge rack. The music was fun to play since I got to experiment with some classic rock&roll and jazz/swing styles with the team of experienced musicians. Twas lotsa fun and I had a great time. I think we sounded pretty good too! :) Kev was able to come check it out and we were joined by Karen later. Too bad she missed out on the music, but the 3 of us went for lunch at Lone Star. Those were some yummy fajitas...mmm... Afterwards, went to throw the frisbee around with Karen before we headed our separate ways. Fun day.

Saturday:

Had morning worship team practise... again, fun times since we tried some different styles of music. I always tend to enjoy myself whenever making music with a bunch o people...heheh. Anyways, we tried doing They'll Know We Are Christians by Our Love with a jazzy flavour. Of course, none of us really knew how to play jazz... so we were all kinda faking it. But I dunno, despite that, I thought it sounded pretty good in the end...heheh... we've never done that style before and I think we had fun experimenting with it. Jazz piano: definitely on my to-learn list. :)
At night, went over to Karen's place to study with the Zoo Crew. They were very nice and did the whole cake/birthday song/gift fiasco... hehe. Aaaalmost got away with keeping silent about my b-day... but they caught me like a fish on a line... heheh. I really don't expect anything for my birthdays... never really like to make a big deal of it... but I really appreciated what they did, even if it was belated. Just shows ya what kind of friends they are... So to my beloved Zoo Crew, thank you so much! You guys rock, as always! :)

Sunday:

Well I think our jazz song went over well with the congregation... we got some good compliments after service about our playing, which is always very encouraging to hear. I'm really glad they enjoyed it... 'cause we enjoyed playing it! :) Oh yeah, was also able to perform the song "Who Am I" by Casting Crowns for offeratory... hope I didn't sound too bad. heheh. After church, I headed over the university to get a look at the board room where I'll be presenting my final presentation. This stinks...I still can't find a creative opening for the presentation and it's on Thursday!! grrr... Hope I do decent... I need at least a decent mark in this class. After returning from OU, headed over to Cal's place for some old-fashioned LAN gaming. Got to see Johnny Nip, Godfrey, Frank, and Kathy again... plus their kid, baby Jason. Awwww.... so cute. Also got to see Frank's other baby, his completely tricked out silver Toyota MR2 with a wide body kit, some PHAT rims, and everything... Sweetest car I've seen yet, it looks just plain hhhhhot... heheh. Some yummy bbq food and a beer for dinner with the bunch and some Serious Sam 2 and Raven Shield for dessert. Heheh, fun evening.
Got home at around 1:30am or so... then chatted with a friend for about an hour or so before hitting the sack. Played "counsellor" again... heheh, guess I have a knack for being that big brother figure and giving relationship advice... meh. Glad I could help out a friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home