And it begins again...
Song: "Fairest Lord Jesus"
Artist: Passion
Album: Hymns: Ancient & Modern
Quote: "...you are fairer still today, you are fairer still today. Precious Jesus Lord, you are adored as we worship, as we worship..."
* * *
Ah.... so this is what it's like to actually have some form of social life... heheh. Ever since my final exams were finished last Friday, it's been nothing but activities day and night... tis good to feel alive and conversing with fellow humans rather than textbooks. Heheh. Although my two summer courses begin tonight, I'm hoping to have a little fun this summer to balance it out.
With Sam back, I was able to do several things that I've wanted to do all schoolyear... namely jam, play poker, and play ball! So thanks man for reviving those activities in me... haha. Jamming with Karen, Candace, and Sam was fun as always.... but watching the Friends episode with Joey trying to speak french (and trying to drink a gallon of milk in 10 seconds) was painfully funny. Heheh. Poker night with da boys was also fun, poker's one of those games that I enjoy whether I win or lose. B-ball, I'm trying to get back in shape for... went to the court near my house a couple of days ago just doing drills and such. Gotta get back into shape after hibernating all winter.
On Sunday, I had my 40-Day PDL small group again, good time and good discussion as always... and we always know how to eat. Heheh. We discussed a topic that may be hard to grasp for many people, christian or otherwise. We discussed the concept of worship. When most people think of worship, they think of worship music (least I do)... the songs we sing in church every Sunday morning before the sermon... but this is a common misconception. Worship encompasses your entire lifestyle... it's anything and everything you do that pleases God and gives glory to God. It's still hard for me to grasp that every action I do can glorify God... from work, to school, to the way I relate to other people... As a 'worship leader', I almost don't want to be called that title... 'cause although I think I can lead worship music on a stage for people, I'm not sure I'd be the token lead worshipper (ie. giving glory to God in everything I do)... But I guess this challenges me to think about a life of worship every day and in everything I do. Music is just an expression of worship, but no doubt, a powerful one. But often, when singing worship songs or even jamming, when am I worshipping and when am I just singing along? If I'm not putting my heart into offering the songs up to God, then I'm just singing karaoke, which does not please God. It makes me think about the quality of my worship whenever I pick up an instrument or step up to the microphone. God wants all of me, not just a small piece of me that likes the tune of a song. My goal has always been, as a worship leader, to help others to worship. In a music setting, how often do we say "man, I think the congregation was dead today"?... but should we really look at the congregation to blame for a 'dead' worship environment? ...or should we ask ourselves if we're worshipping fully (or artificially)... offering up our praises to our Audience of One? And with this new definition of worship, shouldn't we also consider the worship LIVES of the congregation and be concerned about how they worship God in their lives? 'Cause if they grasp the real meaning of worship, as God meant for it to be, and live worshipful lives... wouldn't that filter into their worship in music form? Just a few points to ponder... heheh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home