Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Scavengers and Starfield

*LISTENING TO:*
Song: Obsession
Artist: Starfield
Album: Beauty in the Broken
Quote: "This obsession is my call, owning body mind and soul. All I live for is to know You and be known."
* * *

Nothing new happening much lately... still looking for a job and still trying to keep busy throughout the week.

Friday, H2O had the photo scavenger hunt on OU campus that Jon and I organized. It turned out quite well! Nice to see a great turnout and I hope everyone had fun. :) Pics posted below from both teams:




Saturday, spent the afternoon over at Frank's doing some recording (he just set up his multi-tracked recording equipment) and stayed for dinner, along with Cal. It was very nice of Frank and Kathy to have us over. Heheh, we ended up with only 3 songs recorded and unfortunately, some tracks weren't quite synched, but still, twas a lot of fun just hanging, recording, and trying some new things with worship songs. :)

Sunday, did my first Shanxi Missions Trip sharing with Bonnie at CCCO for their Mandarin service in the morning. I think it went well, even though we went a tad overtime with the necessary translation. It was good to share a little bit of how the trip (and the kids) affected me, and it was also good to hear Bonnie share from her point of view as well. After a much needed nap, popped over to Celebration Church for their service to help out with leading worship. Got the chance to lead a worship song I wrote for the first time in service... so I guess that's somewhat of a milestone for me... but I tried to keep it quiet to keep the focus on where it should be. I think it went over well with the congregation... and it's humbling and affirming to see people worshipping to something you wrote. After service, quickly popped over to Jean & Jon's place for H2O committee planning meeting, where we laid out the next 3 months in scheduling. Some cool annual events coming up in the next few months, from Iron Chef (repeat champions?! Bring it on!) to Hiking in the Gatineaus to the Christmas Gala.

Monday.... STARFIELD CONCERT! Woohoo, that's the second time I've seen them in concert and they don't disappoint. Went with Steph and it was just a great time to lose myself in worship. Heheh, with all the worship leading I do, I don't get the chance to be led much, haha, so yeah, twas a treat. :) While Starfield rocked as expected, I thought the speaker David Nasser was quite good as well, mixing direct challenges with humour and relevant analogies. Among other things, he challenged us to dig into the bible and really allow His Word to enter into our hearts. It's so true that churchs have become bigger and louder over the years, they've also grown more shallow in recent years. Call it a kick in the pants for me, since I've been meaning to seriously go through the bible thoroughly for a while now, instead of just picking it up and down every now and then for a scripture here and there. So yeah, with the extra time I have, I hope I can discipline myself to dig deep... because like Nasser said, it becomes a joy, not a chore.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

Thanks for bloggin man, it's been a while. Nice to see you back recording music and having fun.

9:28 PM  
Blogger stephanie said...

"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." (Ps. 119:11)


heeheehee....... ^^

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home