Thursday, May 04, 2006

...roaming through the night to find my place in this world...

Kutless: Hearts of the Innocent - CD Cover *LISTENING TO:*
Song: Promise of a Lifetime
Artist: Kutless
Album: Hearts of the Innocent
Quote: "I have fallen to my knees as I sing a lullaby of pain. I’m feeling broken in my melody as I sing to help the tears go away. Then I remember the pledge you made to me. I know you’re always there to hear my every prayer inside I’m clinging to the promise of a lifetime. I hear the words you say to never walk away from me and leave behind. The promise of a lifetime..."
* * *

Arrghhh.... it just seems that the past couple of months, I've been constantly facing disappointments, rejection, and/or things not going as I had hoped or wished... I get my hopes up, hoping to get my break, I pray hard about it, but in the end, no dice... I guess life doesn't go according to plan sometimes... I'm still keeping my faith that God knows what he's doing and is still directing my life... but man, it can be frustrating sometimes as I search for answers and try to deal. Latest disappointment: I didn't get that marketing assistant internship with MD Funds as I hoped... so now I'm looking for a summer job while late in the race and my summer is now completely up in the air... if I do get a job for the summer, there's no telling if they'd be willing to let me take two weeks off in July for the missions trip to Shanxi.... grrr...I hate uncertainty... ah well, just gotta keep prayin'.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Keep your head up man, keep going forward. You have so many skills and so much talent, there is no doubt that you are going to get a chance to use it somehow this summer :)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Merlin said...

hey man, sorry to hear that. I'll keep praying for you. I'm glad that you are still keeping your eyes on God through all of these "set backs" though. I know it can be hard... but like you said, God knows what He's doing.. so I'm sure when the time is right, and you look back, all these will no longer look like "set backs" but stepping stones. Keep searching, and I hope you find a job soon. And if God has put such a passion for going on this missions trip, and if God wants you to go... then He will get you there. :)

alright, just about to head out to T.O. you guys have a great weekend, see ya on sunday!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bud,

that's harsh, but I know these uncertainties will become clear to you. God is telling you that there will be greater opportunities lying ahead. You are blessed with alot skills and talent...you're gifted, and it's NOT because you came from Bell High :P.

You keep on prayin bud, and I'm going to pray for you too.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home