Friday, May 19, 2006

Life lessons learned...

*LISTENING TO:*
Song: When the Tears Fall
Artist: Tim Hughes
Album: When Silence Falls
Quote: "When hope is lost, I call You Saviour. When pain surrounds, I call You Healer. When silence falls, You'll be the song within my heart...and I will praise You. I will Praise You. When the tears fall, still I will sing to You..."
* * *

In 23 years, I've learned a lot...

I've learned that true friendships forged can overcome distance or a lack of interaction... and are always welcome when reunited...

I've learned that losing a good friendship is like losing a part of oneself...

I've learned that in a friend, loyalty, trust, and honesty are things not to be taken lightly, and should be treasured...

I've learned that you can read a lot about what a person is really feeling by looking into their eyes...

I've learned that certain memories and moments will stay with you forever... and rekindling them again is always a joy...

I've learned that you know you have it bad when you can't stop thinking about someone day and night, when you can't concentrate on work, and when walking in the rain almost seems like a welcome activity...

I've learned that caring about someone means placing their needs and their happiness above your own... I've learned that loving someone means you're willing to sacrifice things you hold dear, because you care so much...

I've learned that loving someone sometimes just isn't enough... and that having that love returned is perhaps one of life's most precious commodities and most rewarding finds...

I've learned that the only thing more painful than a break-up... is never getting the chance to realize a relationship you know could have amounted to something wonderful...

I've learned that in times of sadness, there is comfort in praying, playing music, listening to music, walking and driving aimlessly, and being with friends...

I've learned that in times of happiness, you want to share them with your closest friends...

I've learned that your family has seen you in the best of times and worst of times... yet still loves you the same...

I've learned that anger and frustration are the easier paths... but compassion and understanding are the ones less taken...

I've learned that time heals all wounds... but faded dreams and snuffed out hopes will always leave their scars...

I've learned that the act of letting go is not a one-day affair, but a long continuous process with its full share of ups and downs...

I've learned that life can be unfair... but God is never cruel...

I've learned that God's love is abundant and is working around us in big and small ways... even when we don't notice it...

I've learned that God's will may not always match up with our own and may not be fully understood... but God's will is purposeful and righteous...

I've learned there is peace in placing my life in His hands and submitting to His control...

I've learned that God's timing is always perfect... it is our own timing that is flawed...

I've learned that living a life for Christ is never an easy task and is an everyday process... but is fulfilling in the end because God is the only one who satisfies...

I've learned that if two people were "meant to be together"... God will not fail them and, in His timing and through His blessing, will reveal and confirm to them the wonderful story He has written for them...

In the meantime, life goes on...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my short time, I have learned that there are both good times and bad times. Cherish the good times, and learn and reflect during the bad.

-ZO Harris.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When no one else knows how I feel
Your love for me is proven real
When no one else cares where I’ve been
You run to me with outstretched hands
And You hold me in your arms
Again"

-fishie :)

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home