New song on Soundclick
Posted a new song on Soundclick. The Study Break has given me some rare time to spare (or, could be referred to as procrastination ;) so I got the urge to do a little songwriting and recording... something I haven't done in a looooong time. Heheh, I forgot how fun it can be to write and record... but also forgot how much work and time it takes to make a single recording!! It just kinda hit me and then all these ideas started flooding in about how to arrange it... so I just kinda ran with it.
Anyways, the new song is titled "Take All of Me"... and its lyrics reflect what's been on my heart recently. I've been learning throughout the past few months how to relinquish control of my life and just let God run the show and be in the driver's seat. Instead of me feeling I hafta handle everything and go through my struggles alone, to just lift it up to God instead. I'm glad I've had this on my heart, especially since I'm finishing up university soon and really don't know what I'll be doing or where I'll be going. I've been hoping to just work after school's done (which seems like never... :P) but I don't even know if that's what God wants of me. Where is He calling me? Can my life amount to something great? All I know is I can't go at it alone... and I really need God to be a bigger presence in my life and really steer me where He wants me to be. I want His story to unfold in me... and that's pretty much what this song is about... for God to take all of me and as I am... not just the pieces I'm willing to lift up to him every now and then or the parts in my life I'm struggling with... but all of it. It hasn't been easy... but I'm learning how to do it more each day.
"Better today than yesterday, better tomorrow than today." - Voddie Baucham
Here's the link to the song (under music):
http://www.soundclick.com/timlau
Ok, my textbooks await... back to it. :P
Anyways, the new song is titled "Take All of Me"... and its lyrics reflect what's been on my heart recently. I've been learning throughout the past few months how to relinquish control of my life and just let God run the show and be in the driver's seat. Instead of me feeling I hafta handle everything and go through my struggles alone, to just lift it up to God instead. I'm glad I've had this on my heart, especially since I'm finishing up university soon and really don't know what I'll be doing or where I'll be going. I've been hoping to just work after school's done (which seems like never... :P) but I don't even know if that's what God wants of me. Where is He calling me? Can my life amount to something great? All I know is I can't go at it alone... and I really need God to be a bigger presence in my life and really steer me where He wants me to be. I want His story to unfold in me... and that's pretty much what this song is about... for God to take all of me and as I am... not just the pieces I'm willing to lift up to him every now and then or the parts in my life I'm struggling with... but all of it. It hasn't been easy... but I'm learning how to do it more each day.
"Better today than yesterday, better tomorrow than today." - Voddie Baucham
Here's the link to the song (under music):
http://www.soundclick.com/timlau
Ok, my textbooks await... back to it. :P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home