A much-needed study break...
Song: Coming Attractions
Artist: Steven Curtis Chapman
Album: All Things New
Quote: "Let Your kingdom come in me, let Your will be done in me, here on earth as it is and as it will be in Heaven. Show Your glory to the world, tell Your story to the world. Let my life be a preview of coming attractions "
* * *
Phew! And a crazy couple of weeks finally comes to a close! The last couple of weeks have been absolutely insane in terms of schoolwork... from 5 midterms to case studies to presentations to proposals... it seemed like an endless stream of stuff due right before the study break. Sleep was definitely luxury as I often had to stay up till like 4am just to get stuff done. Twas absolutely insane!! Was a big relief on Wednesday when I wrote the last midterm... It was very satisfying to sleep in on Thursday. :) I'm definitely glad the study break is finally here so I can catch up on all the stuff I missed and set aside.
Friday, had the boys (Sam, Andrew, Vanny) over for some fun gaming. Haven't done that in a while, heheh. Sam's back in town and Andrew finally finished his last midterm so I guess it was a night just to chillax and relieve all of our stress........by fraggin' countless terrorists with really really big guns! haha. Deagle vs. FiveSeven vs. M4 vs. any frickin' big gun you can find (eh Andrew?). ;) Fun times.
Saturday, grabbed groceries for the evening's H2O fellowship hot pot dinner in the morning and had a nice dim sum lunch with my parents in the afternoon. Twas just some nice family time since during my two weeks of school hell, I barely saw them and was barely home for dinner. After lunch, popped back home for some food prep work and then had worship team practise with Serena and Jenna. Popped by to pick up Sam after loading up all the food, burners, and pots before making the looooong trek to Orleans. This time, I have proven that Orleans does NOT like me very much... I ALWAYS get lost on my way to Steph's house!! This time was no different... :P boo-urns! Stooopid MapQuest map... Anyhoo, in the end, twas a fun evening. Losta food and we watched Batman Begins. Oh, and I'm a baaad man... I already got Sam hooked on Counterstrike, now I think I got Jon (Lam) hooked on Rainbow Six 3. Muahahahah!
Sunday, got a bit of reading done in the morning before heading off to pick up Serena and Jenna to head to Celebration for prayer and setup. Since I was leading yet again, I tried to keep things simple to just a guitar a 3 vocals... was definitely glad for the vocal help. My friend Merlin gave his first sermon and I thought that he did an admirable job considering it was his first time. A very thought-provoking and interesting viewpoint he spoke on, regarding the fear of God. Much respect too, since I could NEVER go up and speak like that or for that long. Heheh. I'll stick to worship leading, thank you very much. Anyhoo, I think worship went well... hope it went well... I'm definitely trying my best to just focus on worshipping up there and hopefuly people will just follow my lead... ya know, be a lead worshipper. :)
Ah.... study break is finally here. Can't relax too much though, 'cause I still got lots of readings and studying to catch up on and stuff due when I get back to school. So yeah, hopefully I'll find a good balance of work and fun this week.
Oh, and it was NBA All-Star Weekend! Missed most of the events due to being out, unfortunately but I caught some highlights. LB23 (Lebron) became the youngest All-Star MVP and Dirk Nowitzki became the first 7-footer to win the 3-point shootout. Iguodala had a SICK off the back of the backboard dunk but the 5'-9" Nate Robinson won the dunk contest by dunking over former fellow short dunk contest champ Spud Webb! Woohoo, yay for short guys!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home