Monday, October 03, 2005

Busy busy busy...

Todd Fields: Free - CD Cover *NOW PLAYING:*
Song: Lonely Nation
Artist: Switchfoot
Album: Nothing Is Sound
Quote: "Singing without tongues, screaming without lungs, I want more than my lonely nation, I want more than my lonely nation. Desperate we are young, seperate we are one, I want more than my desperation, I want more than my lonely nation"
* * *

Phew! A busy weekend is over and now I'm back to school reality... a place where I'm way behind and need to get cracking on my assignments and studying. :P booo...
Although it was a busy, tiring weekend where I got little sleep and was constantly on the go, it was a rather rewarding weekend knowing that my hard work and labour helped others. For that reason alone, I'd do it all again without thinking twice. :)

Saturday, running on only 3 hours of sleep, I had to wake up early in the morning to head over to CCCO in order to set up the tables for the Katrina Relief Sidewalk Sale that the H2O fellowship is organizing. The previous night, we stuck around late to sort and price all the items that we'll be selling and organize how the tables will be setup and displayed. Signs and a schematic of the table layout had to be made, as well as price sheets. We ran the sidewalk sale till about 1pm and I thought it was quite successful. It was fun working alongside fellow christians all united and working hard towards a common goal for a good cause. We ended up raising $1000+ for Red Cross! Well worth the time and work. :) At around 1pm, I had to leave in order to make my worship team practise at 1:30pm. Grabbed a quick lunch (mmm... chicken shawarma... and with a discount too!) and then had practise with the worship committee. After that, popped over to Serena's place to work on songs for Sunday's worship set at Celebration Church... the guitarist couldn't make it (I was on piano/keys+vocals). Went home for dinner and then went to take a nap... five minutes into my nap, got a call from Andrew letting me know the Zoo Crew is heading over to Lauren's place. Back from Lauren's, I konked out immediately in preparation for a busy Sunday...

Sunday, got to church for worship team run-through (trying my hand at playing keys/synth this time) and Sunday worship. A few technical difficulties getting my keyboard setup (we need a real monitor speaker system!) I think we had a decent set but people just weren't into it and there was hardly anyone singing... kinda frustrating but oh well. After church, went to Joey's for lunch with my parents and stopped by Zavida's to fill up on coffee. I find it's always nice to have lunch with my parents on Sundays... With a caffeine boost, headed over to Celebration Church for setup, prayer, and run-through. The worship team this week at Celebration was just Serena and I... which actually turned out quite well because the two of us kinda gel musically. Our voices mesh well on harmonies and in unison and with me on piano, we were able to do a more acoustic, quieter, more intimate set. I think it worked out quite well... it was a pleasure to see people worshipping and singing. It was especially rewarding, as a worship leader, to take a peek out in the middle of our set to notice one guy with his arms outstretched worshipping whole-heartedly... and from a stripped-down worship team that only consisted of a sole instrument and two vocalists. It just shows that it doesn't take a full worship band with electric guitars, drums, and the whole nine yards to spark people to enter into a place of worship... just willing worshippers... very humbling and rewarding experience. Praise God for that... it was definitely His spirit working through us that allowed that to happen. After the worship service at Celebration, I quickly headed over to Pastor Wood's house in Bayshore for our university fellowship. Luckily, I was not too late for dinner and was able to try out Pastor Wood's famous dish... bacon-grease fried potatoes and onions... which, despite the initial reaction, were quite delicious!... so much so, I had two plates of it (plus bacon, eggs, and toast)! ... I knew I'd regret it later... heheh. The meeting went well and it was nice to talk to Pastor Wood and Beth about how they're doing in their new surroundings in Ottawa and just chat with them. After taking Becky home and topping up gas (eeeek... drove so much this weekend!)... got home and again, just konked out.

This week, it's gonna be busy... mid-terms and assignments are all due these next two weeks and I'm still behind in a few of my courses with regards to the readings and studying the prof's notes... :P ...time to get at it!... so where's my good friend, Mr. Coffee?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home