Woohoo... finally enjoying the summer!
Song: Glory Defined
Artist: Building 429
Album: Space In Between Us
Quote: "I wake up to find Your glory defined, now I finally bow at Your feet... I will lift up your name in honour and praise...when I cross over the Jordan, I know that I'll be holding on to You..."
* * *
Whew! Been a while since I've posted.... hrm... well here goes a looong recap... if I can remember it all.
Thursday:
Well exactly a week ago, I had my last exam of the summer... my ADM3301 course concluded in a final exam that was somewhat tough since the prof put some weird stuff on the exam that we were all talking about afterwards. Ah well, hope I did ok and hope I did ok in the course overall.
Friday:
Hung out at Candace's place for the afternoon, trying to keep her company during her home-time due to her wisdom teeth being taken out. Played some Gamecube there, where I got rocked by Candace in Mario Golf and rocked by Anthony in Mario Kart: Double Dash... heheh, I think I'll stick to computer games. After dinner, we headed out to Steve's place for our Worship Committee meeting. It went ok I guess, we had lots to decide on... but it seemed like we only distributed responsibilities rather than taking decisive action... ah well. Hopefully stuff will get done soon... the English Board has been waiting for our decision about the English Sanctuary's blinds and pulpit for a while now. Coincidentally, Steve's got a Gamecube as well, so the Double Dash races began once again, but I wisely watched from the concession area. ;) Afterwards, popped by Cal's place to take a gander of them "practising" Raven Shield for the LAN party the next day. Silly boys...
Saturday:
Did some errands with my mom in the morning and then headed over to Cal's for the LAN party. We had our usual dose of Raven Shield...such an awesome game. Cal and his friend stayed up till like 7:00am the night before playing it apparently... hehe... not so bright, boys. After our bbq there, I quickly headed home to re-setup my computer for the OU bunch (Andrew, Shan, Karen, and Alex) to catch a movie at my place. They chose Freaky Friday but only Andrew and Alex could stay till the end, unfortunately. Silly girls turned my bedroom into a WWE ring... hehe... but twas all in good fun. I think my mouse saw the most punishment... grrr... ;) Whew! What an exhausting, long day...
Sunday:
The Cheungs were very nice and treated me to a belated birthday present: an evening of dinner and a musicale in downtown. We had an early dinner at a pasta house in the Market with my parents and the Cheungs' cousins, Ken and Nicole. After dinner, we caught Oliver! at the NAC. Good show, but I think I enjoyed Miss Saigon more the previous year. Still, it was very well done and the many kids in it were quite impressive. A very "cultured" evening...
Monday: Caught a couple of movies with Angel in the afternoon. We saw Pearl Harbor and I Am Sam, both movies she was looking forward to watch and haven't seen before. Apparently, Angel's got a huge sweet-tooth so of course, we HAD to stop by for a slush. Heheh. :) Note to self: gotta take her to Oh So Good someday... she'd go nuts! In the evening, went to Jen Ho's house for a potluck where I got to see friends from OCAC that I don't see much often. Also got to see old childhood friend Louise for a bit, which was nice... and of course seeing Jen again was nice as well. For some reason, everyone was thinking 'chicken' when bringing their dishes...hrm... After that, headed over to the DQ just a street away with Karen to meet up with Shannon and Andrew. We decided to get together one last time before Andrew left for Boston for a couple of weeks. Denise, Chung, and a couple of CCCO boys joined afterwards. Nice seeing Denise again after all this time. So yeah, twas a night of reunions per say... was nice.
Yesterday (Wednesday):
Played some b-ball with da boys (Gabe, Ivan, and Wayne...and lil' Joyce) in the afternoon. It was a light game but man, they seemed to all be tired and complaining that it was too hot and such. Sheeeesh... and I thought I was outta shape. Coulda gone a couple more hours and it was perfect weather for b-ball...not too hot, not too sunny, with a light breeze. My game's gotten a little better I think... and I've gotten a little more confident. Outside shot is still erratic but dropping more now... even hit a fadeaway. Drives only fall sometimes, but I think my ballhandling has gotten better. Oh yeah, and also got 4 blocked shots... despite, as always, being the shortest guy on the court. Meh, got a little cardio I guess... woulda liked more of a workout though. Heheh. At night, we gathered once more to play some good ol' poker. ...and after several hours of hard work and tedious play...even through a blackout... my total earnings?....... 1 buck. haha. But meah, it's all about the enjoyment of the game. Tis all good, fun day with da boys.
Today:
Spent the afternoon trying to figure out how to format my hard drive to start afresh... finally accomplished that and went for Siu Yeah (chinese midnight snack) with my parents at night.
A little while ago:
Oh yeah, and before my exam... couple of things... Got to get together with Sam Lee and Wayne for a whole day (on Sunday, I believe) which was cool 'cause I haven't seen either of 'em all year. Also, FINALLY caught the much-hyped korean movie My Sassy Girl with Candace and Angel last Monday. Hilarious movie! "wanna die?" ... "I'll have a... you'll have a coffee. Two coffees please". Heheh, the epitome of 'whipped'... but such a funny movie. I remember Sam and Karen talking about it all last summer, now I know what the hype was all about. Heheh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home