It's white... it can be heavy... and it'll get ya wet in a hurry... give up? Just look outside!
Song: Ray of Light
Artist: Jeff Deyo
Album: Light
Quote: "You have become my ray of light, when I knew my sun was fading. You are the source of all my soul, You’re the pure fire penetrating."
* * *
Whoa... woke up this morning to a winter wonderland... yeech. I'm soooo a summer person... Nice fluffy snow is very pretty to look at... but not so pleasant when you're driving and walking in it or shoveling it. Heheh. Still... despite my denial, I guess winter is finally here...and December has begun. Yay!!! ...ok, now please go away and bring summer back. Thanks! :D
Just completed a crazy week where absolutely EVERYTHING was due... 3 group presentations, 2 group reports, a final exam... and a partridge in a pear tree. After a tiny respite, I have to start working on that 20-page paper due next week. grrr... not to mention start reading and studying for final exams. Coffee, my faithful friend... good to see you again, I missed ya.
Was just thinking... I wonder how my classmates perceive me knowing I'm a Christian?... most of my group members swear constantly and such, obviously aren't Christians... but recently, friends have been checking out my Zen Touch (which quite a few people have been interested in) and since they see lotsa christian music in there , they put two and two together. I wonder what their first thoughts are?.... just shows that as christians, we are witnessing everywhere we go... at school, on the bus, etc... and reminds me that being a Christian is a 24-hour job... something you can't turn on only on Sunday mornings and then turn off on a whim. It makes me question just how much I'm living as a true Christian... am I really living in His footsteps in everything I do?... definitely causes me to evaluate and want to correct old bad habits... "Ok, there's bad weather outside, I'm late for class, car is covered in snow, got a presentation to do, exam tomorrow, dress shoes all wet, running on 3 hours of sleep...#!@#$!, sorry, ain't gonna be a christian today..." ...but that sooo shouldn't be the case. It's very challenging sometimes to keep praising God and keep thanking Him even when things don't go our way... but I'm learning day by day how to do so. Ain't easy... but WWJD?
Oh, yeah, and as a study break, saw the indie film Open Water. Freaky movie.... makes ya think twice about diving in the ocean. Muchos respect to the main actor and actress who spent so much time in the water swimming amongst sharks... must have been so unnerving. The movie itself was well paced, quite tense, and shockingly realistic... some might find it a little slow and boring at times... but I find it just emphasizes the situation the main characters found themselves in... being stranded in the middle of the ocean. The scene at night near the end of the movie, in pure darkness, with only lightning showing glimpses of what's happening on the water... both terrifying and brilliant.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home